Devlog #5: Do we continue with 2dcl? - cuentitos has a compiler - backgrounds, and mechanics in Laidaxai
First of all... 🏳️🌈Happy pride month🏳️🌈🏳️⚧️⚧️♥️!!!
After a couple of stressful weeks, we are back.
The fires and storms haven't let my mind rest, and last week I had migraines every single day, literally. That's why I haven't made this post until now. Hopefully, now that the rain has passed, the migraines will calm down a bit.
It has been a few weeks since we launched 2dcl. The community received it quite well, although there weren't as many users as I had expected.
This is understandable considering there is no content yet.
I'm thinking of recording a couple of videos to document the process and see if more people start creating scenes.
On the other hand, last week I posted a survey to the DAO to see if the community thought we should continue or not with 2dcl.
The community voted to continue with 3/4-month proposals, which aligns perfectly with our preferences, so that's fantastic.
I will be writing a new post soon with my ideas on how to proceed with the project.
My little momentary pride is cuentitos.
Pablo is working hard on version 0.2.0, the new evolution of the engine that includes a complete language for writing probabilistic narratives.
I still need to finish writing the introductory posts to the project, but at least we're making progress on everything.
For the curious ones, there is an open pull request for the new version, where we are advancing with the new definitions, the new compiler, runtime, and the command-line interface.
I designed the new language directly by documenting it and writing an example. It was an interesting process, and I really enjoyed solving problems while explaining the features. I hope to continue working in this way because it helps a lot in communicating the idea of the language before it is implemented.
Laidaxai (by Dani)
We continue writing the story of Laidaxai...
🤓🏳️🌈 A large part of my time in these past weeks was spent writing the script for the demo. This experience led me to reflect on how we perceive ourselves as spirits beyond the limits of the body and sociocultural patterns. In this worldview, the dream world is a space where spirits can express themselves freely, where transformations, metamorphoses, and language allow us to name ourselves without conditions and be what arises from the deepest part of our "n'qui."
👨🏽🎨 With Juli, we continue bringing to life new characters and settings that represent Qom culture. We introduce Isa, Laidaxai's great-grandmother, who carries the knowledge and traditions, inspired by the nurturing mothers of Qom culture who take care to preserve their rich cultural heritage.
🎮 In addition to the grand story we are developing, we are reviewing our game to ensure an entertaining experience with gameplay mechanics that keep players engaged as they progress through the narrative.
🎲 While we continue developing cuentitos, we want to ensure that the story has a significant impact on players and that they can create their own destiny in each shamanic journey.
Here's a preview of Laida's room♥
In the next 2 weeks, we want to make progress on the following:
- Filming 2dcl videos: I want to create some videos about 2dcl to upload to our YouTube channel. The idea is to document the process of uploading scenes, although I might wait until the command for deployment is available without needing to use the foundation's SDK.
- New grant for 2dcl: I will be drafting a new grant proposal for the DAO. This time, the idea is to present something smaller, for 3 or 4 months, to make further progress with 2dcl. There are several things we could explore, and I will be consulting the community to see what interests them the most.
- Small project: We are exploring the possibility of creating a small project that shares functionality with Laidaxai but is different. Laida still has many design uncertainties, and we want to see if we can release something this year. We will share more about this soon.
- cuentitos: We want to have the runtime up and running. We will need this both for the new project and to progress with Laidaxai, so it is our main priority at the moment.
- Laidaxai aesthetic pack: Currently, we don't have a logo, and the UI/UX graphics are not yet defined. We will be working on this a bit.
- Continuing with the narrative of Laidaxai: We want to make better use of what cuentitos provides and bring more dynamism to the story.
- Finalizing Laidaxai mechanics: We also need to focus more on the game's mechanics and systems. Now that Nacho has some availability, he will be helping with this.
- English Version 🇦🇬🇧🇸🇧🇧🇧🇿🇧🇼🇨🇦🇩🇲🇫🇯🇬🇲🇬🇭🇬🇩🇬🇾🇮🇪🇯🇲🇰🇪🇱🇷🇲🇼🇲🇺🇫🇲🇳🇬🇵🇬🇰🇳🇱🇨🇻🇨🇸🇱🇸🇬🇸🇸🇹🇹🇿🇲
- Version en Español 🇦🇷🇧🇴🇨🇱🇨🇴🇨🇷🇨🇺🇩🇴🇪🇨🇸🇻🇬🇶🇬🇹🇭🇳🇲🇽🇳🇮🇵🇦🇵🇾🇵🇪🇪🇸🇺🇾🇻🇪